Alpha Omega 2012 Proprietary Red Wine Napa Valley
This is my current favorite red blend. I can't believe it took me so long to try this Proprietary Red Wine from Alpha Omega. It truly is a delicious wine that seems to get better with every sip.
|I love end printed corks.|
This wine is very fruit forward on the palate with flavors of ripe plum and berries. A little more noticeable alcohol on the tongue than I would prefer but it does not take away from the smoothness and the silky mouth feel.
This 2012 Proprietary Red has definitely found a permanent home in my wine cabinet. I always keep a couple of bottles on hand. I enjoy it with meals, or with a plate of cheese around the house. I highly recommend trying this wine if you like a bold red blend.
Blend: 61% Cabernet Sauvignon, 32% Merlot, 7% Cabernet Franc
|New York Steak & Egg at The Q|
|Fried Chicken Breast with Vinegar Slaw|
Food pairings I've tried:
- Southern Fried Chicken: This went really well with the peppery spices in the southern fried chicken.
- Vinegary Dishes: Anything vinegary seems to bring out the very best of this wine.
- Fried Pickles: Delicious!
- Sharp Cheddar: A creamy sharp cheddar paired well with this wine.
- Potato & Garlic Soup: I had this soup with this wine at The Q in Napa and it was an amazing match up. It removed the light alcohol flavor altogether and really showcased the fruit in the wine.
- Steak: This was just OK with a steak.
- Brussels Sprouts: Good with broiled, slightly charred brussels sprouts.
This is definitely a wine I recommend. It might seem a bit pricey for a daily drinker (you will want it daily) but I do recommend it for special occasions. If you have it within your budget to buy a bottle, GO FOR IT! If not, put it on your Christmas list or Birthday wish list and cross your fingers... or you could head on over to Alpha Omega Winery and try it in a tasting. (*warning: the latter will only make you want to buy a bottle.)