2013 Lewis Vineyard Reserve Chardonnay
$65 per bottle
This is currently my favorite chardonnay. It really is delicious by itself or paired with a variety of foods. I tried my first glass of Frank Family wines while dining at The Pear in Downtown Napa one evening. I was impressed enough to visit their vineyard for a tasting the very next day.
We both love this Chardonnay. The subtle balance of the oakiness and the crispness make for a very, very drinkable wine. This is the type of wine that I savor each sip with a smile and an occasional guttural "Mmmmmmm". The first sip will coat your entire mouth with a creaminess that lingers just the perfect amount of time and then it finishes crisp without being overtly acidic and barely a hint of alcohol. If tasting this wine blind, I would assume it to be much more expensive than it is.
If you enjoy a chardonnay, you will LOVE the Frank Family Vineyards 2013 Lewis Vineyard Reserve Chardonnay.
|Butterfly at Frank Family Vineyards|
|Shawn Selfie at Frank Family Vineyards|
Food Pairings we've tried:
- French Fries - We do not recommend pairing with french fries. They eliminated the balance and revealed only the alcohol and the oak. This goes for any type of fried potato.
- Caesar Salad - Absolutely hands down one of the best food pairings with this wine. The Caesar Salad dressing brought out only the best this wine had to offer.
- Ham - Ham seems to only let the oak come through.
- Fried Pickles - I generally love fried dill pickles with a chardonnay (usually unoaked or lightly oaked) but they do not pair well with this chardonnay. It wasn't a bad pairing, the pickles just detracted from the enjoyment of this truly exquisite wine.
- Humboldt Fog - This cheese is one of my favorites as is, but what it does for this wine is nothing short of amazing. A MUST TRY.
However, since wines are of limited supply, I recommend against all of you going out and purchasing this particular 2013 bottle, I would prefer it all be left for me. I'll work my way through the remaining stock eventually.
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting!